Azure SQL Developer - Hedge Fund
Permanent | £60000 - £70000 per annum + Plus Benefits + Company Bonus | London (All) | England | Posted by Raj Dhanapala | 06.02.20
Azure SQL Developer - Hedge Fund
A leading Alternative Hedge Fund is seeking to hire an Azure SQL Developer to support strategic growth and development of its current IT infrastructure and reporting analytics solutions.
The Azure SQL Developer will be supporting the hedge fund business in London developing new cloud-based SQL, Power BI and Tableau solutions for fund analytics, risk management and trade operations. The current business has developed its technology roadmap, and in its initial planning stage and looking for Azure SQL Developer to lead the Project. The role offers a broad remit and ownership of current SQL business solutions and uses several Microsoft technologies including .NET, Power BI, Tableau, and looking to develop its Python development team to support Risk Management team. The Azure SQL project team is responsible for working with vendors to account for infrastructure development, new integrations and enhancements across information security.
The Azure SQL Developer will provide a robust, flexible and scalable operating platform for the London business where users can leverage on technology to improve analysis and risk management. This is a great opportunity to join a collaborative, innovative team and are focussed on continuous improvements to technology infrastructure. You will report into the CTO and drive the current migration project around MS Azure Cloud and application of new reporting solutions including Tableau and Power BI.
Prerequisite Requirements -Azure SQL Developer
- Extensive Azure SQL Development experience and the fund is open to reviewing profiles from non-financial services backgrounds and directly from industry, fintech, government entities and vendors.
- Knowledge of Azure SQL Development Life Cycle and SDLC.
- Supported Azure SQL Cloud migration projects, with direct Azure SQL Cloud migration project management experience in improving reporting, and database management.
- Excellent awareness of Cloud platform Security solutions and the ability to work with Information Security team.
- Azure DevOps and continuous integration experience and at least 2-3 years of experience in C# development being ideal given current business infrastructure is developed in C# with scope to build risk management pricing and valuations tools.
- Experience in Tableau and Power BI is also required, given the business developing reporting solutions.
- A Degree or MSc in Software Development, IT or Scientific subject, with industry MS Azure certifications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, interacting with key business stakeholders to manage the successful delivery of new MS Azure architecture.
This is a great opportunity to work in a very flat business structure, have direct access to the business and interaction with Operations, Risk and Trading in London. The Azure SQL Developer will be responsible for liaising with business directly, understand the user requirements and develop effective solutions that will grow the business and revenues. An excellent compensation package is on offer for this role, with a significant base salary plus company bonus and market leading fringe benefits. Applicants are asked to clearly present Azure SQL Development experience to secure introduction to our client, who will undertake extensive programming test as part of their screening process, please do apply early as the client is looking to interview and hire in the next few weeks.