Permanent - MS Azure SQL & Cloud Developer
Permanent | £65000 - £70000 per annum + Plus Benefits + Company Bonus | London (All) | England | Posted by Raj Dhanapala | 02.03.20
Permanent - MS Azure SQL & Cloud Developer - Hedge Fund
A leading Fixed Income Hedge Fund is seeking to hire an MS Azure SQL & Cloud Developer to support strategic growth and development of its current IT Cloud infrastructure and deliver projects across its current reporting analytics solutions.
The MS Azure SQL & Cloud Developer will be supporting the London hedge fund business in developing new Microsoft Azure cloud-based SQL reporting solutions, supporting migration projects between Power BI and Tableau. The primary goal is supporting the business in a very agile and fluid role, working on supporting the business across its infrastructure and supporting projects to enhance reporting, fund analytics, risk management and front to back trade operations. The opportunity is varied, broad and direct exposure to working with the business on the same floor. The CTO has developed its technology roadmap, and in its initial planning stage and looking for MS Azure SQL & Cloud Developer to lead the Project. The role offers a broad remit and ownership of current MS Azure SQL business solutions and uses several Microsoft technologies including C#,.NET, Power BI, Tableau. Whilst having additional opportunity to develop new pricing and risk analytics solutions in Python to support Risk Management team. The MS Azure SQL & Cloud project team is responsible for working with vendors to account for infrastructure development, new integrations and enhancements across information security.
The MS Azure SQL & Cloud Developer will provide a robust, flexible and scalable operating platform for the London business where users can leverage on technology to improve analysis and risk management. This is a great opportunity to join a collaborative, innovative team and are focussed on continuous improvements to technology infrastructure. You will report into the CTO and drive the current migration project around MS Azure Cloud and application of new reporting solutions including Tableau and Power BI.
Prerequisite Requirements - MS Azure SQL & Cloud Developer
- Extensive Microsoft Azure SQL & Cloud Development experience and the fund is open to reviewing profiles from non-financial services backgrounds and directly from industry, fintech, government entities and vendors.
- Knowledge of C# to support existing development of the IT Infrastructure, MS Azure SQL Development Life Cycle and SDLC.
- Any exposure to and knowledge of Python will be highly advantageous.
Supported MS Azure SQL Cloud migration projects, with direct Azure SQL Cloud migration project management experience in improving reporting, and database management.
- Excellent awareness of Cloud platform Security solutions and the ability to work with Information Security team.
- Azure DevOps and continuous integration experience and at least 2-3 years of experience in C# development being ideal given current business infrastructure is developed in C# with scope to build risk management pricing and valuations tools.
- Experience in Tableau and Power BI is also required, given the business developing reporting solutions.
- A Degree or MSc in Software Development, IT or Scientific subject, with industry MS Azure certifications.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, interacting with key business stakeholders to manage the successful delivery of new MS Azure architecture.
This is a great opportunity to work in a very open, collaborative business structure, have direct access to the business and opportunity to learn and supporting the London business. The MS Azure SQL & Cloud Developer will be responsible for partnering with business directly, understanding end-user requirements and developing effective solutions that will grow the business and revenues.
An excellent compensation package is on offer for this role, with a significant base salary plus company bonus and market leading fringe benefits. Applicants are asked to clearly present MS Azure SQL and Cloud Development experience to secure introduction to our client, who will undertake extensive programming test as part of their screening process, please do apply early as the client is looking to interview and hire in the next few weeks.